Forsyth Consulting is an engineering practice specializing in building envelope (i.e., roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall systems) consulting. Our mission is to provide cost-effective solutions to protect against moisture intrusion into both new and existing buildings, and hence increase their longevity.
As buildings have become increasingly complex in keeping up with the latest Codes, and then “value” engineered to meet market demands, the need for consultants knowledgeable about the materials and proper design and application has grown significantly. To that end, Forsyth Consulting provides a range of services, including:
- Roofing/waterproofing/building envelope condition assessment and reporting
- Leak investigation and assessment
- Roofing/waterproofing/exterior building envelope system design
- Peer review of architectural drawings/specifications, construction documents, submittals, substitutions, value engineering, etc.
- Bid/procurement assistance services
- Construction administration (submittal and shop drawing review, RFI review, periodic construction observation and reporting, punch list)
- 3rd party construction monitoring/observation services
- Construction management / owner’s representative services
Typical clients seeking our services include architects, developers, building owners, facilities managers/engineers, attorneys, and/or anyone with a vested interest in increasing the durability/longevity of their building.